Sunday 15 June 2014

Exciting new times for the Book Length Project Group and a name change for this blog

Well the time is right for a changing of the guard for the Book Length Project Group. A lovely new team (old friends and members of BLPG) will be taking over the coordination of the group, which will continue to run as usual on the third Sunday of each month at Mattie Furphy's House in Swanbourne, Perth, Western Australia. The new coordination team consists of three wonderfully talented writers, Dr Louise, Emily and Kristen.


Louise
Emily
Unfortunately I don't have a photo of the lovely Kristen. 

To save any name confusion, I'll be changing the title of this blog in the next few days. I still have to think of a good name but it will probably be one that defaults my own name (or I'll be the one defaulting to my own name!). I'll maintain all the old posts for those who want to look back.

A heartfelt thanks to everyone who has attended the Book Length Project Group during my time as Coordinator and a very special thank you to all the generous and talented guest speakers that we have had over that time.

Also thank you to The Fellowship of Australian Writers WA, to Pat, Trisha and Peter for their hospitality and for providing the Book Length Project Group access to the wonderful venue of Mattie Furphy House over the past two years, and into the future.

And my very best to the new team. Exciting, creative, productive times ahead!

9 comments:

  1. You've certainly earned a break, Iris - and I hope you'll enjoy putting more of your energies into your own book length project. Good to know that your posts will remain accessible, because there's a lot a wisdom in the various tips and reflections you've put together on this blog. Thanks for the fruit of your efforts, and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ian. And it was a real pleasure to have you along as a guest speaker. I am writing every day, so hopefully the tree will eventually mature and fruit. I hope your new writing project is progressing well too.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for all your hard work and support Iris, you have really built this amazing group of people out of the love in your heart. We hope you will still join us when you can. Thanks also for choosing such nice photos of Louise and I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily, and thank you for the next chapter. And I don't think any of you ladies would be capable of a bad photo. Spoiled for choice!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I would like to subscribe for this web site to get newest updates, thus where can i do it please help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy very cool web site!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Amazing ..
    I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds also?

    I'm glad to seek out a lot of helpful information here within the put
    up, we'd like work out extra techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing.

    . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I savor, result in I discovered just what I used to be looking for.
    You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless
    you man. Have a nice day. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I desire to subscribe for this web site to obtain latest updates, so where
    can i do it please assist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I visited multiple web pages however the audio feature for audio songs present at this site is truly marvelous.

    ReplyDelete