Wednesday 21 November 2012

A blog from David directing you to his site of creativity


I feel like a terrorist.  I’ve scrapped my way to the cockpit of Iris’s blog, and now run the risk of bringing the whole thing to a crashing halt.  I don’t have any demands, but if anybody does follow the link below, it may be advisable to fasten your seatbelts.  The link will drag the intrepid passenger down into the depths of my cheery site…with no other parachute other than the ‘back’ button.

There, one will find a bizarre collection of pages displaying my abandoned jaunt into digital art, some rubbish short stories, preceding all the fabulous writing advice I’ve received this year, and the journal that I have kept at each stage of my novel writing.

The journal section is the bit I hope will be of interest to other writers.  Despite feeling a bit exposed by opening this up to everyone, so far I’ve carefully hidden it in the most secretive place on the web, I think it may be a worthwhile read.  If, for no other reason, I think we have a shared experience.  Seeing that someone else is having the same emotional voyage of :

a)      Being creative,

b)      Hearing you are a genius,

c)       Submitting work prematurely,

d)      Learning that you are not a genius,

e)      Digging deeper, searching for  ‘the bar’,

f)       Returning to point (a) again

…may hopefully be reassuring.

I’ve never proof read my blog, it’s written as a stream of thought.  Bad grammar and ill thought out ideas will be everywhere.  I apologise if anyone finds anything offensive – I never mean to offend - except for when I do, and then I’ll probably swear a bit and bring your mother’s social reputation into question…but no offence.

Please feel free to register and comment. 

Now, I hand the blog back to your captain, Iris.  I think she knows how to drive this page better than I do.

Website:             http://www.shunnedhouse.net

Facebook:           David Wildsmith

Twitter:                @DavidWildsmith

2 comments:

  1. The diary is great, David. I could really relate, although my own progress has been a lot slower than yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, The website is amazing! The graphics, the title, everything. Well done. And your story has intrigued this reader! I'll subscribe right now...

    Louise

    ReplyDelete