Monday 31 March 2014

April - National Poetry Month Challenge - Write a poem a day!

 I heard about this at a poetry workshop on Saturday in Western Australia. It's national poetry week in the US as per this link.

Here's another link for Victoria.

And here's one to Poets online, with a whole lot of poems in response to writing prompts. Actually, this one is not about April being National Poetry Month.

Me? I'm going to become a virtual citizen and a virtual poet and write a poem a day over April.

How about you?

Also, I'm going to try putting up a poetry prompt a day for you and me to respond to.  Here's my first.....



First Prompt:

Write a poem using this line:              Can I take you there?

5 comments:

  1. Let us go then, you and I,
    When the evening is spread out against the sky
    Like a patient etherized upon a table....
    Can I take you there?

    Well, can I????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds pretty good to me! Nice poem Glen. I better get a wriggle on and pen mine.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, but April Fool. Look up "The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock"....
      :)

      Delete
    3. Oh no! Not yours? Will look it up.

      Delete
  2. Here's mine:

    Can you imagine how it accelerates growing ever forever
    I can’t get my head around
    Take the first few seconds billion light years from here
    You wouldn’t fathom
    There we are on the edge of one, one of billions making up one of billions
    Can I take you there?

    ReplyDelete