Thursday 18 July 2013

Book reviews

The book I chose to review
Check out Annabel Smith's Friday Faves where each week she asks someone to share a review of their favourite all-time book. This coming Friday she asked me to contribute, and I found it difficult to choose what to write about, hence the long introduction to the review, but I always feel that any book that grabs my attention at a particular time does so because it is relevant to something that I am learning about at the time. My current favourite is The Crying Room.

Anyway the link might introduce you to Annabel's excellent blog (if you haven't already stumbled across it) so I hope you will take the detour to check it out.

5 comments:

  1. My curiosity grows every time you mention this particular collection, Iris, and your description of it on Annabel's blog has whetted my appetite even more. Time for me to commandeer a copy, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the stories was in the Summer Shorts volume edited by Peter Holland - the one I got from you in the lucky dip at FAWWA last Christmas. It's the whole volume of stories that I find fascinating - kind of mesmerising. Yes, commandeer away!

      Delete
    2. I have a feeling the one that was in Lines In The Sand will be in there too - the one about the lovers and the foxes prowling around outside. Very interesting style.

      I know the UWA library has a copy. So now that I've tipped off the whole world as to its whereabouts I'd better get my skates on...

      Delete
    3. I knew I'd read that one before. You can borrow my copy Glen. I'll bring it to the next meeting.

      Delete
    4. Awesome. Thank-you kindly.

      Delete