Monday 9 December 2013

Writing Tip 2 - Establish a writing routine


Mark Twain: "The secret of getting ahead is getting started."

I find it helpful to work on my big writing project every day, even if it is only for half an hour. This keeps it ticking away in the back of my mind and encourages my imagination to take flight. I set myself a daily routine and stick to it, as far as possible.

I recently read an article in the Weekend Australian Review Magazine which reviewed a book by Mason Currey about how many of the great writers have had set routines and habits (some quite unusual) which have helped them in their work. Routines work.

Writing Prompt

He thought knew he could fly...


or

write for a few minutes, stream of consciousness, in response to this picture


No comments:

Post a Comment